Thursday, September 26, 2013

The book I am reading on my own is titled Hope Was Here. Hope is a 16 year old travelling all over the country with her Aunt Addie. So far I am not very far in my book but it seems like it is going to be a GREAT one. I am excited to see her journey and see how she grows. Right now she hate Milhoney, the new city and diner they moved to, but I think that all will change shortly.
Here is a beginning bookmark for the book. I am thinking at the end I will make another one to compare and contrast them.
This is my beginning bookmark:

1 comment:

  1. I think you off to a great start with the novel and your bookmark. Like you mentioned, I too think it will be interesting for you to compare and contrast bookmarks after you complete the book. Connecting with the characters at the beginning of a novel is so crucial to the reading process, especially when analyzing their overall growth. Before I had any educational courses, I never thought twice about analyzing novels, I just read them for the enjoyment. It makes reading so much more meaningful when students can connect with characters that are much like themselves and bring it home to their real life scenarios. I hope you enjoy the rest of your book!

    ReplyDelete